Monday, August 4, 2014

Goals

Its been over a week since my last post, I was on "vacation" last week that ended up being Chad has strep week but that's how the ball bounces, at least I go rest right :)

I have been spending most of my day thinking about this past year of ministry and the new year (i consider august through august to stay on schedule with school). Thought about what was good and maybe not so good, looked back at the goals that I wanted to achieve and saw if we achieved them, then started looking at goals that we will set for the new year.
Its important to set goals for your ministry, goals give us something that we are shooting for whether that's an increase in numbers, or a new ministry you want to begin, or maybe just a complete makeover, the important thing is to have goals set.

Here are a few goals that I would like to see in this new ministry year, read them and share what your goals might be. Here are just a few goals I would like to reach.

1. Security
    Now we have security procedures in place, but this year my goal is to see us move from the old school check in style to going digital (i know i am behind, but those things expensive) and using the ACS check in systems for our kids. I would like to have the kiosk stations out form for easy access for us to check in and out quickly for all kids.

2. Family Ministry
    One of my plans for this year is to see the ministry become more family oriented and friendly, by being intentional by what we are doing. One way will be digital devotions the parents can download and spend time during the week with their kids in the word, after all we see in Deuteronomy 6 that its the parents who are the primary disciple makers in the lives of their kids.

3. Fill the Gaps
    We have a few age gaps in our church and one of the goals is to come up with a plan to reach more families for Jesus. I always say its not about numbers but that doesn't mean we cant still outreach.

What are some goals you have set for this year, this is just a few for the ministry in my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment