Monday, July 7, 2014

Kids Kamp

Kids Kamp 2014 has come and gone and I must say we had a great one this year. I don't know about you other kidmin out there but the week leading up to camp man i am stressed. I mean I am usually a laid back dude but the week before camp I turn into some type of supper stressed dinosaur (not sure if they are even real), stressing over every detail: do we have enough food (cooked the food ourselves), did I reserve enough canoes and paddle boats, do I have everything I need for worship, ect...  Now once we go to camp I returned to my normal laid back self knowing that everything is going to be good.

Everything did go ok, well we had one kid get a fishing hook stuck in her foot, other than that everything went smooth. Well at least smooth enough :)

Our camp speaker Micah or should I say Buzz LifeGear of Faith Command did a fantastic job, the kids were engaged and actually listened! He did a great job bringing the word of God to life so the kids can have a better understanding of the scripture. Kuddos Micah!

Not sure how many kidmin do a camp whether its centrikid, student liffe for kids, or a camp of your own; I would highly recommend doing a camp for you kidmin group. Here are some reasons why!

1. Gets the kids away
     Going to camp or doing your own overnight camp (typically ours is 3 nights 4 days) gets the Kids away: gets them away from the distractions that they face everyday life such as video games, sporting events, even some friends. Getting away is a time for the Kids to focus on the relationships between Jesus and their friends.

2. Builds Relationships
    Going to camp also builds relationships with each other and most important Jesus. When you get away from it all the kids in you group build friendships with each other that otherwise might not exist. Not only that but allows you as the Kids Pastor or leader to build a stronger relationship with the Kids. I learn so much about the Kids while we are at camp. I love the getting to hang out with you for 4 days part of camp. Most importantly than the friendships is it builds a stronger relationship with Christ. Going to camp allows the kids and you to focus on Jesus. We do this through worship every night and a group devotion and by your self quiet time.

3. Makes childhood memories
    Some of the greatest memories I have are those that happened at kids and youth camp. When we take our kid groups to camp it allows them to build lifelong memories. Some of the kids that have graduatede into the youth ministry still come up to me and say hey do you remember when this and that happened at Kids camp! They look back at these memories and the lessons learned during their time at camp.

I encourage if you already don't to take the time and plan a summer camp, its a lot of work but so worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment