Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Birthdays

With today being my birthday I decided why not talk about birthdays today, and by that I don't mean mine I mean the kids and leaders within your ministry. Although to us as adults birthdays are just another day but to kids birthdays are everything its a day just for them (like the rest of the aren't :)). Since Kids take birthdays as a big deal I believe as Kids Pastors and leaders we should to. Here are a few ideas that I tend to like to do for a kids birthday.


1. Write birthday Cards
     The art of the hand written letter is a dying art but still effective! Typically on Monday I look at the list of birthday for the kids and my leaders and send them a hand written happy birthday card. For a Kid it might look something like this "Hey Johnny just wanted to with you a Happy Birthday! I hope today is as fun as you are :)". Just a little something to let the child know that you care and want him or her to have a great day.
   For a leader it looks a little different "Happy Birthday Sue, thanks for all you do in the Kids Ministry I know the kids love you. So have a blessed day!" Its very easy to get burned out as a leader or volunteer so anything we can do to show love and appreciation goes a long way, but that's for another blog title!


2. Singing "Happy Birthday To You Cha Cha Cha style"
     All Kid min leaders know the cha cha cha version of the Happy Birthday song, if you don't you should learn it Kids LOVE the cha cha cha. One thing we will start in the fall to make it fun on Sunday morning in Kids Quest (our kids worship) we like to have the kids with birthdays come on stage and wear the official Kids Quest birthday hat and we will all sing happy birthday cha cha cha to those kids. Just another way to show kids you care!


These are just two of the things we will do. What are some ways you might show Kids in your ministry you care by what you do for their birthdays? I would love to hear some feedback, I love connecting and sharing ideas with other kidmin leaders.



No comments:

Post a Comment